Thursday, December 16

To-Do List and a craft

Do you ever feel like you're wasting time at work when you have things at home that you could be doing instead?  

That's how I feel at this very moment.  I want to get out of here so I can get started on my to-do list.  Time is just crawling by.

Monday was supposed to be our office Christmas party, but due to weather that my coworkers blew out of proportion to be "dangerous," the party was canceled.  

M and I had plans for the Christmas party at his friends' house Sunday night, so I knew I needed to get my food item for the office Christmas party out of the way before hand.  I made deviled eggs.  Y'all, the deviled eggs almost bested me and if M hadn't been there to help, they might've been inedible.  I mean, I slaved over these eggs.  For some reason, hard-boiled eggs and I do not get along.  I brought the cold eggs into the living room to peel them while M and I watched Elf and I think maybe two or three came out looking lovely.  The rest of them...well they were bitches and pieces of egg kept sticking to the inside of the shell.  So by the time I got around to making the deviled part, I felt like the devil had beat me himself (man am I witty).  M helped me get them to a better flavor and consistency because I was getting frustrated.

So yay! The eggs were done.  After a little bit of football, or something inane on the television, I decided to hop in the shower to leave M enough hot water for his (I'm a sweet girlfriend).  I'm in the bathroom blow drying my hair after the shower when my cell phone rings.  I don't recognize the number, so I don't answer.  Voice mail.  It's one of my bosses informing me the party has been postponed.  Awesome.

We ended up taking the eggs to the part Sunday night because I knew they wouldn't keep until the office party was rescheduled.  This left me in a pickle though because I sure as hell wasn't going to make the deviled eggs that almost made me scream again.  And on top of that, I had already changed my dish from broccoli salad which my coworker requested but I didn't really want to make (which is why I made deviled eggs).  I'm trying to reach a word quota with deviled eggs.  Can ya tell?  

So now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to take to the party.  Tomorrow.  But I don't have a lot of time.  I need to make pumpkin bread tonight to take to both Gatlinburg this weekend when I go see all my college best friends and to take to my grandmother's house.  I also need to pack as much as I can so we can get on the road promptly tomorrow evening.  I also need to clean up the house and especially my bathroom for M's dad to use while he watches the Sally-dog while we're red-neckin' it up in Gatlinburg (which might actually be Pigeon Forge--YEEHAW!)

But before I do any of those things, I have to go to the grocery store to find something to make (and to get eggs for the pumpkin bread).  I think I've settled on chocolate covered pretzels and potato chips because I've been hardcore craving some salty-sweet.  And it's all about me, right?  Plus, I figure if I have leftovers tomorrow, I can take them to either Gatlinburg or Alabama or both.  I'm thinking I could totally pull off multi-tasking and dip the chips and pretz (as Joey would say) while the pumpkin bread loaves bake.  Win! 

On a fun note, I made a craft.  I've been in a rut lately and I thought a craft would cheer me up.  Friday I ran to Joann's to get the supplies and got around to making it Monday/finishing it Tuesday.  Basically, I bought wood letters: a J, an O, and a Y (spells JOY), some white paint and ribbon.  I painted the letters with a base of plain white and then used a shiny, pearly white on top.  I took red thick ribbon and hot glued it to the letters and hung them from our mantle.  I like them, but the white letters blend in with our white fireplace.  M suggested if it bothers me so much that I could add some glitter to them to make them pop.  I thought this was funny because I almost bought glitter for them initially but then thought he wouldn't like the glitter, so I didn't.  He likes the letters though, he thinks they're festive.  So maybe after Christmas before I pack them up, I'll add some sparkle to 'em to surprise myself when I get the decor out next year.  That'll be fun.




Please ignore our atrocious electronic cords that are allovertheplace.


Happy almost Friday.  I'm so ready for this long week to be over so I can see my best friends tomorrow night!

So I just when through my facebook photos trying to find one with all six of the girls in a group but no one else.  The most recent ones I can find are from junior year of college.  Almost 3 years ago.  I can't believe it has been that long since we've taken a picture together. Just us.  So I would share others, but facebook's being stupid.  Here's the girls.  Hopefully I'll get a current one this weekend of everyone!  We look so different now!

Nan, me, Carolyn, Laura, Katie and Ashleigh

5 comments:

BB said...

Sure hope you have a great time. Sounds like a lot of fun is going to be had.

PirateGeek9 said...

Regarding boiling eggs...

I put mine on the stove, set the burner to high and set the timer for 30 minutes. When the 30 minutes are up, I immediately grab the eggs using a pair of tongs and put them in an ice water bath. This stops the cooking process faster and helps keep the egg from sticking to the shell. It's not perfect, but I used to have the same problem as you till someone told me to do this, and my boiled eggs have been much better since. :)

Ingrid Gray said...

@Pirategeek: Thanks so much! I will definitely try that the next time I make them!

Johnny Utah said...

What a nice picture! Is there anything better than a group of genteel, conservative southern women? I bet your accents are delightful.

Ingrid Gray said...

@Johnny: Thanks? We can be a rowdy bunch when we wanna be. Only about half of us have southern accents, actually. Throw our guy friends in and we're sure to have a great time!

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.