Friday, December 3

Jesus is coming!!!!

So I'm getting carried away with the two-posts-in-one-day business.  I don't know why I don't just combine the blog challenge with the other things I have to say, but I don't want either topic to feel like it's thunder is being stolen.

Jesus is coming, y'all.  Did you know?  May 21, 2011 will be the rapture.  Brace yo'selves.  It's only 169 days until He comes.  

Now, I must admit, I don't actually believe that.  I don't think the end will be predictable.  And to be honest, I will be severely disappointed if May 21, 2011 is the end.  I won't have had the chance to marry my best friend, or raise children with him, or travel to all the cool places I want to go.  My bucket list will be mucho incomplete.

But Family Radio tells me it's so.  According to their website, the Bible guarantees that 5.21.11 will be the day.  And they have put up billboards in several cities to help people prepare for the blessed event.  The billboards are in Louisville, St. Louis, Detroit, Little Rock, Kansas City, Omaha, Fort Wayne, Bridgeport, and right here in my home city, Nashville.  We're so lucky.  I wonder what can be said about the city selection.  Does that mean we are like Sodom and Gomorrah?  Are we hellion cities that must come to Jesus or be destroyed by God?  Or did we just have available billboard space?
Here comes Jesus!!!!

This isn't the first time the rapture has been predicted.  In 1843, William Miller predicted that Jesus would return sometime during that year.  People sold their worldly possessions, homes and all, and waited for Jesus.  Guess what?  Jesus didn't come.  This has been known as the Great Disappointment

I'm a Christian, but I find this hilarious and absurd.  I don't understand why people feel the need to predict when Jesus will come.  He'll be here when he's good and ready, folks!  I would rather enjoy living my life, than wait for an impending date.  Living like that isn't living.  I don't want to know when the end will be.  I don't want to know when I might not see the faces of my loved ones.  It would most definitely cause me to live in fear/worry/anxiety rather than comfort that the Lord would be with me.  I would constantly be worried that I wouldn't get to complete my bucket list.  

Can't we just embrace the mystery of when Jesus will come?  I honestly hope it's not during my lifetime.  As great as it would be to have coffee with Jesus, I would rather see him at the pearly-gates.  

I have yet to see the billboard, but I'm eager to witness the humor.  I just hope that I don't laugh so hard I can't control my car on the road.  That would be mighty unfortunate.  But kind of ironic.  

Don't people realize it's probably just a publicity stunt?  Either way, be on the lookout for Jesus May 21, 2011!  Who knows where he'll visit first. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, that's Angie Nizick's wedding day..I sure hope His arrival doesn't take away her spotlight. haha
Awesome.

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.