Friday, December 17

Rockin' Around the Office Tree

Office Christmas Party=Great Success!  We had entirely too much food.  This year definitely topped last year.  Last year there was one table of food.  Somehow this year it exploded.  We had a table for regular food, a cubicle set up with crock pots of goodies and a desk crammed with desserts.  I'm not sure what happened, but folks must've brought several things a piece.  

So after all the over-eating (which btw, most of my coworkers shouldn't do...) we played dirty santa (or whatever you wanna call it.  Growing up it was white elephant, then friends called it dirty santa and apparently some people call it yankee swap...but not here...not in Tennessee, y'all.)  This dirty santa was good gifts.  We don't do the gag thing in the office because it's a bunch of ladies in their 30s-50s.  And me.  And Austin, the only male in our office.  So most of the gifts are along the lines of bath goodies, picture frames, blankets, home accents, etc.  I stole an apothecary jar (because I've been wanting several to decorate with) but then it got stolen back from me and I ended up with a pillow/blanket combo.  I traded post-game with my coworker Q because she got chocolate caramel popcorn, but she's breast-feeding and her daughter doesn't like chocolate.  I'm a good person, plus I didn't really want the blanket and pillow.  And I figure I'll just bring the popcorn to the cabin and my drunk friends can munch on it.  Win-win!  
Someone brought a step-ladder, a home depot card, and starbucks goodies.  I bought a gingerbread house kit from Target.  The best by far, though, was the only male in our office was told he couldn't open his own gift only so that our coworkers could watch him open a female workout DVD.  It was hilarious.  He's retiring in January and the poor guy is surrounded by hormonal women 5 days a week.  

I was sad my jar got stolen again, but it's all in good fun.  Now I want to take a nap because I'm falling into a sugar coma.  I should go for a brisk walk around the building to make myself feel less disgustingly full.  Blah.
Have a great weekend!  Don't be like me and stuff yourself too silly!

4 comments:

BB said...

glad you had a good time. sounds like a lot of fun was had. before I moved south my last job in CT was a food fest for the holidays. OMG..serious food.

Jumble Mash said...

Glad to hear you had a good time! We have been getting soooo many food baskets at work that no one even packs their lunch anyone. Downside? I usually go home with a tummy ache because of all the chocolate I consume!

PirateGeek9 said...

I just left our office party a bit ago. We didn't do a gift exchange, but there were door prizes and I got a plastic cup with crazy disco strobe colored flashy lights in the bottom with the company logo on it. Good stuff.

Southhamsdarling said...

Glad you had a swell time! The Dirty Santa game sounds like fun, and weren't you good giving you gift to someone else! Have a lovely weekend.

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.