Wednesday, November 3

Hump Day

I haven't been able to dedicate much time today to my blog.  I was actually fairly busy at work today, and I arrived late after my pre-op, so by the time I had caught up on the all the blogs I read and worked on my short story, it was 4:00.  How time flies.

I'm making progress on my story.  I might publish some snippets here as I work.  So far I have 1800+/50,000 words.  I'm on chapter 3 and page 5 or 6.  I still have a quite a ways to go to reach my 175 pages, but I am definitely feeling good about the progress I've made and where it's going.  I started with an idea "Green Glass Door," which is what my story's titled, and from there I generated a plot, etc.  As I think about it more and more, the direction of the story seems clearer and clearer.  I'm very confident that I can complete the challenge and finish the novel by the end of November.  I'll have plenty of time to get crackin' on it while I'm recovering from my surgery next week.  I won't be able to drive, so being holed up at home will be beneficial.  

My pre-op went well this morning.  I was worried I'd be late because somehow I was running behind, and then rain made it worse.  I was barely on time and there were few people there.  They took a urine and blood sample and asked a bagillion questions about medical history.  The nurse lady told me they were going to give me a motion sickness patch on Monday to reduce the chance of nausea from the anesthesia since my stomach didn't wake up for three days when I had my spleen removed and I couldn't hold down food.  

All-in-all, I think it's gonna be much easier to deal with and much easier to recover from than the splenectomy.  The surgery's at noon on Monday.  I assume it'll take 1.5-2 hours, then she said it'll take me a couple hours to full wake up, be able to eat, etc.  Hopefully I'll be discharged Monday night.  If so, I'll be staying at my parents' house so my mom can keep me under surveillance Tuesday in case I'm not feeling well.  

I'm mostly just ready to get it over with.  I'm hopeful that the gallbladder removal will eradicate my heartburn and bowel issues.  I'm ready to get my health back on track and start feeling better as a whole.  And the good news is, after the gallbladder removal, there shouldn't be any more issues caused by the spherocytosis.  I just hope my future children aren't encumbered by the disease. 

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I am really looking forward to reading your novel ; )
(Does that sound crazy or what?!)

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.