Thursday, November 25

So much to be thankful for...

I am thankful for so many things in my life.  I live a very blessed life and often take it for granted.

M and I at KJ's wedding 7.9.10

{1} M.  He is the best boyfriend in the world.  He is always putting me before himself.  He is loving, honorable, handsome, giving, funny, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him.


Dad, my friend Brandon, me and my mom at Brandon's graduation party in May 2010

 {2} My mom and dad.  I am blessed to have a family that is genuinely close and gets one another.  Growing up, I didn't like my mom because she was too strict and harsh with me.  In retrospect I now see how she was trying to raise me.  She used tough love and now I am blessed to consider her one of my best friends.  I tell her almost everything.  It's easy to see that I have become my mom.  My dad drives me up the wall, but I love him dearly.  He is always there for me and always goes above and beyond.  Growing up, I was such a daddy's girl.  He's a goofy and generally happy person.  He loves his family and has always done all he could to provide a comfortable and safe lifestyle for his family. 

Drew and I, Halloween 2010

{3} My brother.  Although he tried to hurt and harm me occasionally when we were kids, my brother is the best you could ever ask for.  We're not like normal siblings.  We fought every now and then, but for the most part, we got along like peas and carrots.  When we were little we had a list of inside jokes that we would often reference.  As we've gotten older, we've remained close friends.  My brother makes surprise crossword puzzles for me and will go out of his way to think of creative gifts he thinks you will enjoy.  We have our own language, handshake and nicknames.  I admire him so much.

Tailgating before the UT/Vandy game: Kim, Chelsea, Katie Rush, Me, KJ, Nan, Carolyn, Laura and Jill

Brandon and I at his graduation festivities

Bridesmaids at KJ's Wedding: Leah, Amber, KJ, Me, Erin, Sarah

{4} My friends.  I have some of the greatest friends in the world.  We are getting to the age where everyone is getting married or serious with their significant others.  It's becoming a rare occasion to get together, but regardless, we are there for each other and it's still a joy to get together and it be "just like old times" or to pick up right where we left off.  Many of my friends have been there for me through the thick of the drama, and for that, I am grateful.


Sally-dog!

{5} Sally-dog.  I never had a dog growing up, and when M told me he had a dog when we started dating, I was a little worried.  I've been scared of them since I can remember.  Not only was Sally a dog, she was a big, hyperactive puppy-dog.  Yikes!  While dating and after moving in with M, I have come to love Sally as if I had adopted her on my own.  She is loving and sweet.  I am thankful that she cheers me up.


{6} My job.  I don't always love my job, in fact, I rarely do, but I am grateful that I have one.  As a recent college graduate, only a year and a half out of school, I understand that it's damn-near impossible to find a job, especially an entry-level job.  Competition's tough and just knowing in general what I would like to do makes my desire to leave or be unemployed non-existent.

{7} Privileges.  I'm thankful that I can life comfortably.  I get my bills paid and still have money to spend on me.  I have the luxury to buy some new clothes every month or travel to see friends.  I know this is not something everyone has right now, and for that, I am thankful.




0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.