Monday, October 4

Weekend in Review

I love the weekend.  In fact, I love the weekend so much, I would rather work four 10-hour days every week in order to always have a 3-day weekend.

This weekend was nice.  Friday night, M and I were going to go out for drinks with a couple of his friends.  We went to dinner at Boscos (yummmm) in Hillsboro Village because we were going to go to Cabana for drinks...well, they decided to bail on us because they were tired.  So after a delicious and nice dinner, we headed home.

Saturday I woke up bright and early because my internal clock has finally set itself to be awake at 7 (funny that it doesn't work during the week, though.)  M and I sleep in separate beds because he snores, so I bounded into his room and got in bed where I proceeded to chatter and annoy the living daylights out of him.  When he could no longer ignore my obnoxiousness, we got up and decided to make breakfast.  Well, we typically eat some sort of combination of bacon (always bacon,) eggs, pancakes, muffins, fruit, etc.  I decided I wanted to make something with Bisquick, but didn't want pancakes, so I decided "Biscuits!"  At the same time, M suggested we have bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits.  How perfect we are for each other.  So I read the directions on the box.  Hmm, I need a cookie cutter and a rolling pin, neither of which we have.  I improvised and used a wine bottle which M wrapped in aluminum foil as a rolling pin and used a pint glass as a cookie cutter.  Alcoholics much? 

As afternoon rolled around, I watched part of the UT vs LSU game while M purged his office.  He shredded pile after pile after pile of paper.  He wanted to make his office spic and span.  Well, we finally put my rubber maid tubs in the attic that had been sitting there since I moved in three months ago.  Now his office looks like an office!  Our friends Joe and Heather were having a joint birthday party at 4, so we ran to the store (I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!) to get food and cards to take to the party.  We got there and played cornhole, horseshoes, bocce, and croquet.  It was a grand old time!  Then Heather's husband had prepared some BBQ (which he does really well) and we ate and ate and ate.  People started to leave and the drunk people stuck around.  It was a really great party! 

Sunday morning, M and I woke up later than usual and felt the repercussions of our love of beer.  Our hangovers lasted most of the day.  We tried to eat some soup, but it was disgusting.  M finished his office while I went shopping at target.  Unfortunately I did not spend enough money.  Then in the evening we had grilled cheese (really broiled cheese) and watched Network which is apparently on AFI's top 100 list (although I have absolutely no idea why.)  M liked it a lot.  I gave it two out of five stars on Netflix.  Then we finished disc 2 of season 3 of Big Bang Theory (<3) and went to bed.  Low stress weekend.

Now it's Monday, and I'm already looking forward to next weekend.  Saturday is Oktoberfest in Germantown, and hopefully M and I are going to go buy pumpkins for Halloween! 

0 comments:

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.