Wednesday, February 2

Wee Bit Wednesdays and rodents predict the weather?

{one} what was your favorite sitcom growing up?
Hmm...probably Boy Meets World 

{two} what song always makes you happy when you hear it?
wow, this is a long list, probably anything by Coldplay or Snow Patrol.

{three} do you still have your wisdom teeth?
I don't still have them because I never got them.  Win!

{four} what is your go to way to relax?
pajamas, wine, tv.  Or laying in bed for hours on a Saturday morning.

{five} do you play any instruments?
 I know how to play the piano and the flute, but it's been ages, so I'm sure it wouldn't be pleasant to hear.

{six} nude beaches: yes or no?
It's on my to-do list, but I'm not looking forward to what I might see.

{seven} do you chew your pens/pencils?
chew, no.  but I do put the end of pens in my mouth.

 
{eight} can you change the oil in your car?
yes, I get behind the wheel, drive to firestone and ask for an oil change.

{nine} can you curl your tongue?
sure can

{ten} can you knit or crochet?
I learned to knit my freshman year of college, but I couldn't ever get anything started.  I should probably try again.  I made a scarf for myself and had left over yarn and made one for my best friend's cat, but his mom threw it away.


Have you ever wondered who first thought, "hmm, it's February 2nd and that groundhog just ran back in his hole because he saw his shadow.  I bet we'll have 6 more weeks of winter."  It's frankly absurd.

The custom is strange and it amazes me that a town in Pennsylvania has an actual holiday for it.

Even though it's stupid, and even though there's no way in this world that a rodent could determine whether spring  will come early, I'm quite grateful that this year he didn't see his shadow.  Spring will supposedly come early this year.  And I'm freakin' stoked.  This snowy, miserably cold winter has absolutely sucked.  I'm so excited to see some warmer weather come our way.  


2 comments:

BB said...

Since spring is technically 6 weeks away regardless I thought it was pretty dumb when I was a kid. Mother Nature has the upper hand on that one. Punxatawny Phil is just a camera hog (literally).

ib said...

Dopey stuff like this has always rubbed me the wrong way. I tend to follow your train of thought. If one day, a ground hog stumbles out of his den, looks at me and says, "dude, spring will be early this year cause I just saw my shadow", then I will consider putting more stock into his hypothesis, but until then, I'll just wait for the seasons to show up on their own time.

 
Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.