Tuesday, March 1

Need more hours in the day

Sorry I haven't posted in ages.  I took my netbook with me to Louisiana hoping that I would have some down time to blog during the wedding festivities, but I hardly had time to breathe.

 I won't get into too much detail about the wedding, just because there was so much in such a short amount of time.  We drove down Thursday, partied it up that night (I had a liiiiiiiittle too much to drink) and crashed.  Friday we woke up, did Bridesmaids luncheon festivities, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, and all the bridesmaids + KJ and I crashed a hotel suite in Baton Rouge.  Saturday we woke up, got ready, went to the wedding, then the dessert reception followed by clean-up, a dinner break, and the after party, which was a blast! 

There just wasn't time to squeeze in anything else.  I didn't even take my netbook out of my bag to check my email or facebook. 

Turns out on Thursday night there were some pretty bad storms in Nashville.  M said he'd never experienced such high winds and there were confirmed tornado touch downs in the area.  Our trashcans blew into the neighbor's yard and several of our shutters fell of the house and broke in half.  The neighbors down the street lost their trampoline to the ditch on the side of the road, which has yet to be cleaned up (which doesn't surprise me at all considering their Christmas inflatables were up well past Christmas.)  The Captain D's a few blocks down lost it's sign.  All-in-all, I'm very grateful a) I wasn't here and b) that M and Sally were ok.  We wanted to repaint the shutters anyway, so the winds just helped us out!

I also got a phone call Thursday from a fruit basket delivery company double checking my address.  Turns out my new employer had mailed me a fruit basket.  Isn't that so sweet?  It had fruit and chocolates and popcorn!  

Yesterday was day one at the new job.  So far I love it!  Everyone is so friendly and welcoming.  The orientation at my last job was so generic and brief.  Orientation with Aegis is in depth and really explains how every part of the company works together and includes in depth tours of the drug testing labs.  I've now seen more urine that I wanted to.  I had lunch with my manager today, which was nice.  We got to know each other a little bit.  He's really nice and I love the two other girls I'll be working with.  Their super friendly and helpful.  I also met the president of the company today, which was a bit intimidating, but he's exceptionally friendly as well.  I have a cubicle that has a computer with two monitors, so that'll take some getting used to.  So far I'm extremely glad I decided to leave my job at the state and pursue this opportunity.  

I'll try to get back into posting regularly once things calm down.  Our security at work is pretty top notch, especially over the internet, so I doubt I'll be able to blog at work, yet again.  I'll figure something out! 


Bouncin' Barb said...

I wish you nothing but the best at the new job. I had two monitors and once you adjust you can't live without it.

Thisisme. said...

I'm so pleased that everyone is so friendly and welcoming at your new job. That really does make such a difference. Good luck with it and glad the wedding went well!

J. Davis said...

I'm so glad things are going well at your new job!!! Congratulations!!

Copyright (c) 2010 Hakuna Matata. Design by WPThemes Expert
Themes By Buy My Themes And Cheap Conveyancing.